Thursday, November 29, 2012

Chicken & Birch Box

I made my first roasting chicken on Thanksgiving for Kelly and I. Turns out I really am starting to master culinary skills. It turned out incredibly delicious! I followed this recipe from Taste of Home:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Harvest-Stuffed-Chicken

We even gave the chicken a name as i was preparing it, Chachi the Chicken. Silly? Perhaps.

I also received my Birch Box this past week. It contained the following:
  • Kerastase Chrome Sensitive - a gentle cleansing balm, which purifies strands & locks in color
  • MCMC Fragrance - in a scent called Phoenix 
  • ModelCo - Fiber Lashxtend Lengthening Mascara. Uses lash extending fibers to give you a lengthy fringe.
  • One Love Organics - Aromatic Body Serum
  • Chuao Chocolatier - Honeycomb Bar flavor
So far I've tried the Chuao Chocolatier bar and it fantastic! I've also been using the mascara and if I have to be honest I'm not loving it. I think there are better mascaras out there. The mascara cost $24 and I've definitely used better mascaras for both cheaper and more expensive. 

As a regular consumer with no cosmetic professional background I would say I've seen better results using LancĂ´me (Defincils $26), Clinique (High Impact & High Impact Curl both $16), Blinc ($26), Maybelline (Big Lash $5), and Avon (Super Extend Extreme $6).  Don't forget the eyelash curler! My favorite is made by Shiseido and is a bit pricey. I believe it was $20 but has lasted years and curls amazing.

Here are some pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment