Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fortune

Over the weekend Kelly and I had Chinese take out. I get really annoyed when I open a fortune cookie and it contains a proverb instead of a fortune. What the heck, right?!  I opened one of the fortune cookies and received that familiar annoying proverb so I tossed the cookie and proverb in the trash after reading it aloud to Kelly.

The following day I was feeling like something crunchy and saw another unopened fortune cookie on the counter. I opened it and since I know these cookies ALWAYS contain proverbs I threw the paper on the counter without reading it and happily ate my cookie.

About an hour later as I'm browsing on the couch online Kelly yells from the kitchen counter, "why didn't you read me THIS fortune that you got!" I went over to look at what he was talking about and could not contain my laughter!

Apparently this time I really did get a fortune in my cookie, but Kelly certainly did not appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment